Thursday, April 25, 2013

Action with Mangrove

Wow, I just had an 'amazing' day with UMN students on April 21th. Do you know what? I went to an island named Pulau Rambut to do a corporate philanthropy. My day started when I arrived at my university at 6:15 am. I had to do a re-registration to get my breakfast and this (picture below). "Hmm, I'm officially an activist now."  :))



To reach Pulau Rambut, I had to go to Dermaga Tanjung Pasir first. By marine trucks, my friends and I finally got there. (Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of marine trucks. :() These are the pictures when I arrived at Dermaga Tanjung Pasir.



... My heart broke a little when I saw that. A shoreline with so many trashes scattered and... A brown-colored sea. :(




When I just entered the boat and started my journey, I felt like I wanted to throw up. Omg, seems like it caused by waking up too early, then I caught a cold.
After hmm, 1 hour, I finally arrived at Pulau Rambut, Kepulauan Seribu!




In the middle of a very hot day, I (with other activists) cleaned the shoreline by taking the trashes there and then planted thousand mangroves on the muddy ground. I can't show you the pictures when I was cleaning the shoreline and walking slowly to plant mangroves because all the activists weren't allowed to bring anything but drinking bottle while doing those activities.




Fuh, that was extremely tiring! I was starving and felt the pain in my tummy. I used to have  my lunch around 11 am but at that time, I had to wait until 2 pm. I was really tortured.

When I had eaten my lunch, the committees gave all the activist a free-time. My friends and I directly walked and then sat at the dock. We enjoyed that time, so much. Our missions were totally completed.


Can you see the small fishes were swimming in there?
And also this. Small fishes were swimming together.
The birds were flying freely.
Sarita Sandi, Evelyn Kristanti, Ferdyana Lie, and me!


When our free-time ended, we were told to gather near the shoreline. We were going to go back home. For the I-don't-know-how-many-times, I saw birds again. That was beautiful.


We were queuing to enter the boat.
The view of Pulau Rambut from where I was queuing.


"It's time to say goodbye to Pulau Rambut! Nice to meet you!"



I had gained new experiences. New, amazing, and unforgettable experiences. :)


Bloglovin // Tumblr // Lookbook // Chictopia //  Twitter // Facebook // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment